Saturday 9 April 2011

Day Four Of The MDS

Well I survived the long day! It was 35C at 9am yesterday and like that from 12-4pm. It hit 45C yesterday in the shade, but we got 55C in sunlight. I have been slowing this week to get stage four done. I marched most of the course, and then ran the last 10k. Pretty quick too! It was 2am and, with only a head torch to go by, was quite dodgy but they had a massive laser in the sky to follow.

So glad of a rest day today. I've lost a lot of weight and need to eat, but my stomach has not been good. I plan to fuel up today and go for it tomorrow. I want to enjoy it too, so I'm not going to kill myself. I've seen so many people in a really bad way!!!

No words can describe what this is like, it's not just the run/walking. I have sand EVERWHERE! My nose is bleeding all the time with the dry and the dust! Four blisters now and feel like I've been hit by a train! I hurt everywhere!

There is a big delay in getting messages and I can't reply yet, but I am keeping them all.  Thanks everyone who has sent me a message, they really help.

No comments:

Post a Comment