Saturday 9 April 2011

Day Five Of The MDS

What an awful day! A marathon stage, over 2 jebels and flat across a vast open plain. The heat was immense, it hit 51.4c!!

I set off at a quick pace, feeling really good in a light breeze. Then after 18km the wind died and the heat went mental. It was so hard to keep going. I ran my best day so far but at what cost? I'm afraid to find out.

For the first time I ran out of water 3km before each checkpoint and had to walk to keep my temperature and pain down. It was a very emotional run today. Seeing the bivouac come into view round a hill I turned into a blubbering wreck for the final 2km. Last night in the desert tonight, and we have an orchestra flown in! Looking forward to feeling some good British rain on my return.

Thanks for watching on the webcam, sorry I was such a wreck today.

144miles done, 11 little ones tomorrow.

Thanks for all messages, they helped a lot today.

No comments:

Post a Comment